The following are guidelines for participation in KITE PARTY.
- The main sport kite field is for experienced and REGISTERED participants only. You must register on the web site, and your name must appear on the confirmed list.
- The MAXIMUM line length for sport kites is 75′ for non demo (general) flying. 50 – 60′ is highly recommended. The MAXIMUM length for single line kites is 200′ and kites must not fly over the bike path, parking lot, or Pacific Coast Highway.
- You must be able to fly your kite with total control, and in tight quarters.
- You need to share the flying field, it’s not that big.
- Sport Kite LINES MUST BE WOUND UP WHEN KITE IS GROUNDED (This will be strictly enforced). It only takes 30 seconds but can save hours of headaches.
- All canopies and/or shelters must be INSIDE the flying area, and must not interfere with Marine Safety Vehicles pathway.
Absolutely no grouches or grumpy people! If you aren’t in a SPIFFY mood, happy to be here, and overall just a downright super friendly person, you’ll be picked on, then shown the door.
The following are city or state ordinances and they are strictly enforced.
- No SMOKING allowed on the beach, pier, service road, or in the parking lots.
- No ALCOHOL or DRUGS
- No PETS
- No WEAPONS
- No unauthorized merchandise sales at event (if you aren’t me or Zack’s, you aren’t authorized)
The Following are Official Kite Party Ordinances:
- No Morons
- No Idiots
- No Jackwagons
- No Boneheads
- No Dipshits
- No Whining
- No Complaining
- No Bitching
- No Moaning
- No Arguing (especially with me)
If you have any other questions, please call 714-536-3630.